I’ve been considering this for the past few weeks. At first Steve was under the impression that I was suffering from Post Pardum Depression. Now he says I’m experiencing, Post Pardum(ness): The act of being Post Pardum. My whole life has changed and I think I’m mourning the loss of my youth. So after careful consideration, I’ve decided that the time has come to lay my youth to rest and get through the 5 stages of Mourning as fast as I can.
1. Denial – Well its obvious that I’ve moved past the denial stage. I’m planning the funeral for goodness sake.
2. Anger – Does Sarcasm count as anger?
3. Bargaining – So does bargaining mean trying to find a babysitter so I can still go out and party?
4. Depression – Hey why dont we just skip this step all together?
5. Acceptance – I think at this point I may start all over again. Because I may never come to terms with the death of my youth.
I would like to fashion the funeral after a traditional wake. We’ll lay it up on the table, talk about the good ole times. There will be drinks, laughs and I’m sure a few tears. Mainly shed by me.
My 25th birthday is coming up July 23rd. What better time, and with what greater significance can I have the funeral than on July 22nd?
I hope I’m not still in the Denial stage because I could just act like I never planned this at all and read the 7th Harry Potter Book that night……